Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

In Memory of Our Sweet Grandma Farr

I honestly do not know where to begin to express how much I miss our cute grandma. She was such an angel and will always be one. She showed each on of her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, and our lovely grandpa endless amounts of love. She has been a support to all of her children and I am so thankful she raised my dad the way she did. He was a bit of a stinker from what I hear, but she always showed him so much love and now he shares that love with our family. I am also so proud of my Grandpa Farr. He has always shown my Grandma Farr endless amounts of love and has worked so hard for years. Him and my grandma have been such a strength to me on my mission. I love them so much! 

I am so blessed to have memories of huge family parties at Grandpa and Grandma Farr's with the mystery jello that would have shrimp in it. Or having cousin sleepovers with Abby and Alex, watching "Sister Sister" at 2 am and then waking up at the crack of dawn to make "popovers". How cool is Our grandma? She made endless amounts of dresses and costumes for us, created beautiful doll costumes, always bought us jewelry, dolls, barbies, etc. (Even if grandpa didn't approve). She taught us so much about the pioneers and our heritage which helped us understand where we came from and how blessed we are. She loved to bird watch and would always leave food out for the birds. She grew grew endless amounts of flowers around her yard, and would always let her granddaughters pick them. Looking back, each moment that I spent with my grandma were little pieces of what heaven will be like. She is so full of love and I can't wait to see her again. 

I am so thankful for the Plan of Salvation because it has brought me so much peace at this time. I know my Heavenly Father has been right beside me, supporting me. I know I have angels lifting me up. I know that because of our Beloved Savior, Jesus Christ, we can overcome the bands of death. I know that my sweet grandma still lives. She is now without pain and sorrow and is hastening the work up in heaven. She gets to be with her mommy and daddy and all of the ancestors she studied so much about. I know I get to live with her again and I will get to see her in all perfectness and beauty. I know she has touched the lives of so many here and is now touching the lives of even more people. I know that this separation is only but a moment in the eternal perspective. I know we will all be together as one big happy family again, maybe not eating mystery jello, but still all together.  I am thankful for my family. I love them so much! I am so thankful for opportunity to serve a mission to share the knowledge I have about the Plan of Salvation. I am so thankful for the love an support our family has been receiving. I love you grandma! I say all of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment