Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Wednesday, December 31, 2014



사랑하는여러분,

I hope you all had a great Christmas, I definitely love this time of year! I was so thankful that I was able to see so many people that I love! Thank you again for all of the support, I love you all so much! I was so glad to see you!:) Love and miss you.

I was definitely thinking that it is crazy that the year is coming to an end, this is my 1 full year of missionary work, super crazy! I have had some highs and lows, seen some miracles, and had a few sad moments. It has been such a beautiful year! I have met so many beautiful people that I am so thankful for!

We also had the ward Christmas party, which was a blast. Ha but there was a talent show and they made the missionaries prepare something. Given the timing with transfers, getting a greenie, we literally had no time to prepare. And in Korea, especially this ward, they take this stuff seriously. So with only a day to really think about it my companion ended up dressing up as Elsa from Frozen and did a live little show of "Let it Go" It would be a bit of an understatement if I was to say the little girls in the ward now worship the ground she walks on. So cute! 

We also had a really fun caroling activity in Daejeon, we got to see lots of people and everybody was in awe seeing so many foreigners in one place singing. Lots of students would run up to and and take pictures, the Elders definitely felt like celebrities are were beyond thrilled. Only in Korea would a random person want to take pictures with a group of Elders. 

We also got to spend Christmas evening with Suzy, we ate one of my favorites Shabu Shabu. Got to see lots of pretty lights as well!  

I was reading a talk this Morning from President Uchtdorf called "Walking In Circles." We are teaching a family night on it tonight, and I wanted to give you all a similar challenge. First read the article, and think of one thing that you can do this year that can strengthen your faith. I know that as you pick one little thing to improve on this year, you will all see a difference in your day to day life. 

Also good luck to Matt on the mission, you will love it! 화이팅! 

I love you all so much! Have a great start to the new year! I know I will be going to a mountain with the ward to watch the sunrise, pray together and then eating duu-gook to start of the the new year! 

Love
Sister Farr
팔자매


No comments:

Post a Comment