Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Monday, October 6, 2014

So one year has passed.... Time goes by so fast! I cannot believe it! I feel like I got here yesterday and that I still have so much to learn and do. 

Before I left on my mission, I owed a great debt to my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I went on a mission to hopefully somewhat pay off that debt and to work hard because of how blessed I was. The more time I am spending on my mission I am realizing that I am in even more debt. Through my mission, even though it has been really tough, I am learning so much. The things I am learning I wouldn't of been able to learn anywhere else and I probably wouldn't of learned them at all. I never realized how truly blessed I am until this time. I would always say, "I am so thankful... I feel so blessed," but looking back those words were a bit shallow. I now really am starting to understand HOW blessed I really was. Even though this whole experience has been so so so difficult and I for once was not able to be a perfectionist at everything I did, I am beyond thankful. For the first time in my life, I have really learned how to rely on my Heavenly Father and to try and follow his will and not my own. For the first time in my life I felt like I had nothing. My family was gone, my friends, my language, my home, my car, and so many other things. But once I realized that even without these things I have the greatest thing of all, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I couldn't be more thankful. 

This week I also got a letter from Tiff and the story that she told me about Jake really touched me, so I wanted to share it with everybody. Their family always goes to Lake Powell every year for a family vacation. When they were on the lake they needed to go to the Marina to get gas, which was a hour away. When they started to go a storm started. She said she had been in other storms that were worse, but this one was pretty bad. When Jake came over to her he said, "Mom I don't feel like about this." Tiff gave Jake a hug and held him in her arms. When she looked back down she saw that he was saying a prayer and immediately after the storm calmed down. They were able to get gas and as soon as they got back from the marina the storm started again. I share this story because I was not the least bit shocked by Jake's faith. He has the the faith to stop a storm. He knows that he can always call on his Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that Tiff shared this story. I love you Jake! Way to go! 

This week we had a really fun proselyting activity. We gathered together and just started to try teaching people about this gospel. As we were proselyting, I ran into people that I have talked to before and they remembered me! What are the odds?! One of the teenage girls came over to me and was like "PAR!, Do you remember me?" I was a bit shocked because I never thought that when I talked with people that I was even making a difference or that I was even memorable. But after running into her and a few Filipinos that we have been trying to get a hold of, it was definitely an answer that I just need to keep moving forward and that these people will all be found with time. 

This week was a great week, I heard you all got to see a great conference! We get to see it next week, so I am super excited! I love you so much! Keep up the great work!

Love,
Sister Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment