Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Monday, October 13, 2014



Happy Birthday Dad! I love you so much! I am so thankful for your example and all that you have taught me. You are the best!  A lot of it has come in handy on my mission. I find myself often reflecting to moments when I would sit in your office and you would give me lots of great advice with all the questions I had. Thank you so much for all that you have given me! I love you! Happy Birthday! 

There is this one potential investigator that my companion and I have really trying to get a hold of. She is a member's sister and she has been feeling really sick lately and needs our help. Because my companion has been trying to help me really learn Korean, I have been the one calling her. Every time we have called she has either said she has been too busy, or ends up cancelling the appointment. On Monday night I wrote her name to call her again the next day, but I really didn't want to. I thought, "Haven't I called enough?" When we finished our district meeting on Tuesday, I started to call all of the people on the list except hers. I really didn't want to call again because I knew she was getting sick of us calling. As me and my companion were walking we ended up walking by where she lived and then I had the strongest impression to call her. I said to myself, "Fine! I'll call." I told my companion and she was a little confused but I called anyway. I started to call and the phone kept ringing and when I was positive she was not going to answer, she answered. The first thing she said was, "Can you come over today?" I was shocked! As I mumbled a few things and said yes we had agreed to meet the next answer. When we got there she was so excited to meet us and we happily talked about the gospel and how it can help her at this time. I learned a big lesson about really following all the little promptings that I get, even if I feel like I am being over pushy or awkward, the spirit knows more! 

This week we got to watch general conference. It was such a great conference, with so many inspiring messages. Since I started my mission, before every conference I have written down a list of about ten questions that I have at the time. Without fail I have been able to receive all the answers that I have needed. I remember when I was younger and would not be excited to watch, or would sleep through it, but I am so thankful that my parents still had the TV on for all of the sessions and tired to help me focus. Now I am way more excited for when General Conference comes because I always am filled with so much hope after. 

This week we made 김치(Kim-Chi) with a member, it was quite the experience! Lots of spicy red peppers, and tiny baby shrimp is what makes the red color. Ha it was defiantly a great experience, and I smelled absolutely lovely right after! 


Love you all have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment