Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Thursday, August 21, 2014

This Sunday we had another great week! This week our ward had another great baptism! He is from Sri Lanka and he was ready for this message! He didn't believe in God before but he is now such a strong member. It is one of the most spiritual baptisms that I have attended. He was told that he is going to make the church strong in Sri Lanka and all of these really cool promises! 

I have had a lot of fun getting to know the members this week. We did a lot of teaching appointments and visits. It is good to see that even though we don't speak the same language, we can still love each other! 

We had a great FHE with a different Kong family. They brought their family friend who had been attending our church regularly but has not been baptized. This week on Sunday she said she is now more open to getting baptized and that her heart has been softened! What a great blessing! 

We went to another member's house and she has a Korean Traditional house. It was so pretty! It was the most peaceful house that I have been to in Korea, so much fun! It took a while to get there but it was definitely well worth it! 

So one thing that I have forgotten to mention. So I remember growing up and Dad would always bring home things that he had just hunted. Or he would talk about how he hunted a goose, duck, whatever. I remember being so sad and pretty much vegetarian haha and I couldn't even eat chicken off of a bone, or look at raw meat. Well since I have been in Korea, that is not an option. They literally eat everything off the bone. They just throw the whole animal(skinned) and cook it! So this summer I have been eating a lot of duck. I was sad a first, but now I am more and more okay with it.

I hope you are all having a great week! Life is going great! time is passing by so fast, I don't even know what to do. I can't believe that I am going to be wearing winter clothes again soon, what the!?

I love you all! 

Love,
Sister Farr 

No comments:

Post a Comment