Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Monday, July 28, 2014

We had an amazing meeting with one of our investigators. We are right now tying up all the loose ends and making sure is is ready for her baptism. When we talked with her she bore the sweetest testimony of how she feels so peaceful at church and that she loves what she is learning. It was definitely a highlight of my week. Her entire extended family will be attending her baptism, how cool is that!? 

We also have been meeting with members a lot and working a lot with them. They are really helping us get missionary work moving faster. Its always so fun to meet somebody new and our ward is huge, so feel like I am meeting more and more people every week. 

So this week I have been thinking a lot about when I first left on a mission and where I am right now. I feel like there has been a huge difference, but I can't seem to figure out what. So I started to read what I wrote to myself when I was a greenie. As I was reading I could really tell that I had so much motivation, so much faith, I felt like I could do anything! I look at myself right now, I am happy where I am but I definitely feel like I could be a lot more passionate about the work. So I started to pray to have more motivation. As I have been praying I can really feel a difference. I can feel the desire to "give it my all" come back, my faith increasing, and I feel like I am standing up again! Its great! 

I learned about work this week in personal study. When Jesus would perform miracles, he would always invite other people to participate in the miracles. When Lazarus  passed away Jesus raised him from the dead. Jesus asked the people to move the stone from the tomb, he didn't magically move it. Jesus asked them to unwrap Lazarus's face, it wasn't magically unwrapped. Same principle applies to missionary work. In order to see a miracle we still have to work. God knows we can do it. He will perform the miracle. We are always just one more step closer to seeing a miracle.

I love you all so much! Have a great week!

ํŒ”์ž๋งค

No comments:

Post a Comment