Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Sunday, July 13, 2014



안녕!

So this week was really funny. I learned lots of funny random things that I wasn't ever planning on! 

This week we had FHE with the Kang family again, which is always a delight. Earlier Sister Matsen said she wanted to learn how to fold paper cranes because she wanted to fold 1000 of them for her family. I definitely thought that was a weird idea. When we finished FHE Sister Kang was like"I love folding origami, lets fold origami." I was definitely shocked and then we folded with them for a while, I can officially fold a paper crane everybody! Doesn't God have a sense of humor?

I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but our church runs a guitar class every Wednesday night ran by one of our investigators. So we have been going every week and I would just watch everybody and study Korean and talk with people but this week I decided to give it a try! It was pretty fun and I can now, successfully, play a C cord. Checked that one off the bucked list. 

On Saturday our Stake held a big game day for our investigators. I didn't know what to expect or what they would qualify as games, so we brought our two younger investigators thinking it would be fun. When we got there it was all adults playing games with these white and black peaces the names in Korean, don't know the English, are-ka-g (A shooting game), another is an extremely complicated version of chess, and complicated bingo. It was pretty fun! The best part was when our cute little investigator was in the tournament against a grandma, who was really into the game, and she beat her! Everybody jumped up and down when she won! It was so cute! So I also learned some more really fun random Korean games and our 8 year old beat the grandma, score! 

We had another successful English class, and It was awesome! We had 23 people attend. Everybody is really learning lots and I love how we get to serve the Korean people. I never thought I would be teaching like this, but it is always a good time. 

As part of our workouts every morning, me and my companion go to the park every morning and there is this free zumba class. Now the thing that is funny is that we are 1. The only foreigners 2. the only ones under the age of 60. The instructor is some 65 year old grandma, but don't let the fool you. She definitely knows what she is doing. The more and more I am in Korea. the more I realize "Anything goes in Korea." 

The Icing on the cake for the week was when we met with our investigators yesterday and they flat out asked. "When can we get baptized" I paused for a moment and looked at them and was thinking "Is this really a question they are asking?" I was thrilled! They have attending church enough and members have done a great job fellow-shipping them. So I am excited to see them get baptized within the new future! yay! 

I love you all, keep working hard, be happy and have a great week!

Sister Par (This is how my name is pronounced on the daily, haha) 

No comments:

Post a Comment