Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Sunday, April 13, 2014



 안녕하세요!

This was a great week! Lots of change in the weather, mission, etc. I am loving it! I have a new companion and she is the best! Her name is Sister Lee. She is really motivated, hardworking, and super nice! I am so glad I get to learn from her during this transfer!

This Sunday we watched General Conference at the Church! First off, it was amazing! It really helped me put things into perspective. It was a big boost of motivation for me and I bet it was for all of you! This is such a great reminder on how blessed we are to have modern day prophets. 

In the first lesson we teach to new investigators, we talk about how we have modern day prophets with the priesthood. As I have taught it, I have started to learn the importance of listening to their words and taking their advice. (I will admit, after watching it here, I know I took living in Salt Lake for granted. Now I am much more thankful!) 

Before my mission, I can't even remember how many conferences I fell asleep in, didn't watch, or didn't pay attention too. When I was at the MTC I was excited to watch conference, but not as much as other people. But this conference was different for me. I wanted to hear because I knew that I needed it. 

As I prepared to hear it, I wrote down questions that I wanted answered. In the first session, my first five questions were answered in order. Such a great answer to me that prophets really are inspired.

My most favorite message was Jean A. Stevens talk "Fear Not; I am with Thee." This was such a great reminder to me that even through hard times, God is with us. He listens and answers our prayers. There are so many rough and hard situations, but with God we can do all. 

I hope you all have a great week! I love you so much! Have a great week and work hard! 

Love,
Sister Farr

Update:
We found the cutest family to teach! They are a ward member's co worker. They are so nice and open to listening to the gospel. I am so excited to see how this goes!

Pictures:
Me and Sister J Lee saying out last goodbyes. Twinners! 
Me and my new companion at the PC Bong for emailing


No comments:

Post a Comment