Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dear Saranghanun Yoribun (Beloved Y'all):
 
Lots of exciting events for the week!
 
First,   Young got baptized! She was excited and she really had a great day! When we first met her he was a bit rough around the edges. She has had a rough life but that has not gotten her down. She has a ton of faith and made the decision to be baptized because she knew it felt right. At her baptism she was very touched by the spirit. Every ward member was surprised to see it was her because she has changed so much! She uses softer language, dresses cleaner, and smiles even more! When she received the Gift of the Holy Ghost, she was so excited! She also brought her brother. She is already doing missionary work as a new member! 
 
One thing that struck me about this baptism was not that she got baptized, but the first people that she is trying to share the gospel with is her family. She really understands that families are eternal and wants to bring her family as close to the gospel as she can.
 
There are many precious moments that I have been remembering when my family was all together. We had so much fun. Yes, of course, we did dumb things and we would fight but we are all so grateful that our family is eternal.
 
Something that I love about this time of year is that we get to celebrate one of the greatest events in the history of the world. Christ's Resurrection. Because of Christ, we can get through hard times. Because of Christ, our families are eternal. What a blessing! There are still a few moments in my life that I remember being very hard. I remember them like yesterday. Those moments, I believe, have shaped who I am today. Without the knowledge that I have an eternal family, I would of been very lost.
 
This week when we were teaching one of our English Investigators, I decided to share the story of my Cousin's daughter. It was very hard for me because I remember that being such a hard time for her family and it was exactly the year mark a few days ago. As I shared her story with our investigator, her heart opened up and I could tell she was feeling the spirit. This experience also yet again reminded me why I am on a mission. I am on a mission because my family is eternal, and I want to show others that theirs can be too.
 
At the end of the day, my main original purpose in serving a mission was to show God how grateful I was for the family that I had been given. I have been beyond blessed to have my parents and my siblings. They are all the angels that are bearing me up!
 
Here is a video that we share with our investigators on eternal families. Because I have this knowledge in my life, I have received so much peace:
 
I love you all! We are so lucky to be hearing from prophets at this time of year. We are so blessed to have eternal families. I am so grateful for my Savior and because of him I can have an eternal family. I love my family so much and they mean the world to me. Keep making good choices and stay strong!
 
Love,
Sister Farr
 
Update:
I just got transfer calls this morning, and I will be getting a new companion. I am really excited for a new change! I love Sister Lee and we have had a few great transfers together and I have learned a lot from her!
 
We got to watch paraunas eating a fish at a fish store and found a new investigator there. Sweet!! God really works with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment