Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Monday, March 3, 2014

안녕하세요!

All I can say is WOW! 

I am thrilled with how well the New York Times article turned out! WOW! I was a bit nervous at first because I was still very uncertain with all the little details, but I feel the article turned out very well. Jodi was lovely to talk with and so open to hear what I had to say. There was never a judgement passed and I really enjoyed sharing my perspective! Despite being a difficult topic in our culture, I feel like it was fairly evaluated with an open mind. And of course, I loved the picture! Flower in hand, my badge, and a big smile. I really couldn't be happier! 

Something I have been thinking about over the last day, was how my pageant days were mentioned in the article. Looking back on my experience with Miss North Salt Lake Teen USA, I would say it wasn't the most fulfilling "title" that I have had. It was definitely a great experience, but for as much as it gets brought up, its not as big of a deal as it is made to be. 

Once again, I am so thankful that I am a Mormon. This gospel has blessed my life and I don't know what type of person I would be without it. My mission is really teaching me a lot. I am being constantly being reminded how important prayer is. On Sunday, we were supposed to meet with two of our investigators, but they were not answering their phone. We had a meeting to attend and I really felt like we needed to see them. I said a little prayer asking for them to be where they needed to be, weather it be with me and my companion or somewhere else. One minute later, me and my companion got a phone call and they were on their way! I really believe that God answers prayers immediately. 

We met again with two of our investigators that have a baptismal date and they are doing so well! They are excited to learn more and they are loving life! I can really see the light of Christ in them. Their lives are changing and I can see it in their eyes! I know that this gospel changes lives, and it is very evident in people's faces. 

Something that I am still really struggling with right now is learning Korean. It is super hard! I am having the hardest time being patient with myself! I definitely now fully understand how difficult it is to learn a language and have so much respect for people who attempt to learn any language. 

Buddhist temples are beautiful! This last p-day we went with a lovely ward member to visit a Buddhist temple in the mountain. The temple was so colorful and bright. So detailed and rich. It definitely explains a lot about the Korean culture, and how they are very detail oriented people. The more I learn about the Korean culture, it helps me understand and learn the language. (Still SUPER hard though, Korean Language has definitely been one of the biggest challenges for my mission). 

사랑해요! 감사합니다! I love you all! Thank you so much for the love an support! I am overwhelmed with how much love and encouragement I received. I couldn't be more thankful! 

사랑,
팔 자매
Pictures:
1. Me at the Buddhist Temple

2 Attachments
SAM_0457.JPG
SAM_0568.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment