Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Sunday, February 23, 2014

안녕하세요!

This was a great week for 이지우 자매님 and I! Wow! So for starters,there is a article coming out next week in the New York Times on LDS women. Keep your eye out for it because... yours truly will be featured in it:)! It has been super fun working with Jodi and telling her more about sister missionaries and LDS women. 

Also wow! My companion and I have been very blessed this week! First off, we get to stay with each other for one more transfer! We are SOOOOOOOO excited! Our District is one of the best in our mission, so we will be getting two new missionaries to move the work along! 

God is putting people who are ready to hear the gospel directly in our path. We met with many of our investigators, and I can tell that there is something changing about their countenance. I can see that they are happier despite their difficult circumstances. We set 3 more baptismal dates with our investigators, so it looks like next month will be a month of baptisms! 

I have gotten a few questions about what my purpose is as a missionary. I feel like right now would be a great time to answer and clarify that question! All missionaries have been given a mission statement/purpose. This mission statement is in Preach My Gospel. (Preach My Gospel) is a manual used by missionaries to help guide their work.) Our Purpose is to "invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel though faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." As we meet people on our missions, we work hard to help them come into Christ. The way that we help others come unto Christ is through helping them build faith, repent, receive baptism, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. 

One of my favorite miracles that happened this week was definitely an immediate answer to a prayer. Sister 이지우 and I were finishing up a lesson and it was 8:45, and we needed to get back to the apartment by 9:00. We were trying to find a taxi, but the street was dead. 지우 wanted to grab some bread really quick in a street store and I was standing on the corner looking for a taxi. I started to pray and told Heavenly Father that I was sorry about bothering him again and the second I said, "..and it would be great if a taxi would magically appear now." I heard something in the background and opened my eyes and there was a taxi! haha such cool experience and an IMMEDIATE answer to a prayer. 

저는 몰몬경이 참되다는것을 알고있습니다. 저는 예수 그리스도의 복음이 참되다는것을 알고있습니다. 저는 예수 그리스도의 속죄를 통해 우리가 행복과 평화를 느낄 수 있다는것을 알고있습니다.

I am really thankful to be a missionary and I am so happy to be serving here! I love you all! 사랑해요! 수고하세요! 

팔 자매

(Working hard to learn Korean, ah so difficult!) 

1 comment:

  1. .

    Korean is dang hard. I'll vouch for you.

    You came off great in the article and I've no doubt the future will sing. Your generation will work out a lot of things my generation's getting started. The Church needs you and every other fresh sister missionary going out and coming home.

    수고하세요.

    ReplyDelete