Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Monday, February 3, 2014

Hello!

Happy Chinese New Year! Chinese New Year, or 설날 (sul-nar) is a really big deal in Korea. Everywhere is shut now the day before and the day after. People spend the entire week with their expended family, and celebrate their ancestors. 

설날 is also the day that Korean Missionaries get to call home to their families. (They do not call on Christmas). My companion got to call home at a member's house. This member is amazing. She is one of the best members in the ward. She is so involved in missionary work and always trying her best. While my companion was calling her family, she helped my study! It was so nice! She also made beef stew that was exactly like my moms! She had the american ingredients because she went to Costco, and I was in heaven! 

Thank you so much for all of your prayers. 이지우 and I are super lucky to already be doing better. This was a pretty back sickness and we were in all week. I will admit I wasn't very happy about it, but it is what we needed to do to get better. We really are so lucky that the sickness didn't progress anymore and I really believe it is a miracle. We are so lucky and I am so thankful for all of your love and support! I have gained such a testimony of prayer over this past week. It works!

I cannot believe I have already been on my mission for 4 months! Time is flying by! I am ready to get back to work this week! 

Thank you so much for the support! Have a great week! 

xoxo,
Sister Farr






No comments:

Post a Comment