Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Family and Friends!

Wow! First off, thank you for all the birthday wishes! I had a great week! Definitely the best birthday!

We set a baptismal date with one of my investigators, really it was such a miracle! Her mom and "grandpa" are LDS, but her dad is very buddhist. So we are going to work with her dad, but we can take that challenge! We are working on setting a baptismal date with two other investigators. They are saying yes to all the commitments, but when we asked them to be baptized they said no. It was really hard a first but then I realized we can keep helping them. They are worried about their parents, so we will also be working on that with them.

I really have awesome investigators, a marvelous companion and a wonderful district! They all threw me a surprise birthday Party. I really had no clue for the entire day! We were on our way to teach the brother and the sister and we got to the church and my companion said "I forgot my piano book upstairs." I was still completely oblivious and then I opened the door and it was completely dark and there was a cake with candles and everybody started to sing to me! It was the cutest thing ever!

I also really wanted to hear somebody play the 가야금 (kia-ya-gum) which is a Korean tradition instrument. One of our Elder's investigators is going to be a professional musician and he is specializing in the 가야금. He found out that I was really interested, and surprised me by calling me and my companion and playing it for us yesterday and teaching us how to play! It was the funnest thing ever!

We visited one of our Filipino less-active members and she made us a Filipino dessert called "maha." She knows about David and was like, "Email your boyfriend and have him send his favorite food and I will make it!" Who knew I would be getting a taste of the Philippines in Korea?

(Quick little story: when I was writing down the word "maha" in my planner, I couldn't remember how to romanize it! I kept trying to write it in Korean and then finally I looked at 이지우 and said, I can't remember the alphabet... haha it was a great moment!)

With that, we also just found out that President Shin wants to start a Filipino branch in our area because there are SO MANY phillippinos in my area. So I will be helping start the first Filipino branch! Sweet huh?

We just found out today that Elder Christophersen will be coming to Korea in May. Lots of missionaries are really excited to have him over!

In Korea, we call our investigators 구도자 (koo-do-ja). I didn't know the exact translation, but I found out this week it has a great meaning! It means "seeker of truth" all of our investigators are being called "seekers of truth." I really love how korean has so much meaning! Because at the end of the day, aren't we all 구도자s?

I love you all! This really was a GREAT WEEK! A week filled with so many miracles and blessings! Have a great week!

xoxo,

팔자매

No comments:

Post a Comment