Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Monday, January 27, 2014

Hi All,

So if I was to just briefly look back on this week, my first thoughts would be how miserable it was. My companion and I both spent a majority of it in our apartment with cold chills, deep gross coughs, fevers of 102, migraines, bodies that felt like they ran into by a bus, and lots of tissues and water. Having both of us sick, was not the easiest and really made me miss home! Who knew that being sick would make me miss home more than ever. I have really gained an appreciation for American doctors, hospitals, and of course my mommy! 

But as Ryan Reynolds said in The Proposal, "...and underneath all that crap..." I am still able to see how the Lord brought fourth many miracles and blessings. We have two of our investigators that attended church (even without us there) and we will hopefully set an official baptismal date with them. We were also able to meet all of our weekly goals (goals regarding baptisms, teaching hours, and many other things that missionaries set during weekly planning), despite not being able to work for three days of the week. We ALSO received two new investigators and we will be following up with them next week! I really have so much to be thankful for! 

This was definitely a different week from the typical missionary work, but nonetheless missionary work. Missions are hard and even a little thing, such as being sick is a lot more different than being sick at home in the care of my family. 

I love you all so much! Thank you for the love as support! The Lord works in mysterious ways, but he always has our back! 

Love,
ํŒ”์ž๋งค

The pictures:
1. A family we visited at the beginning of the week. The most adorable children in the world, I want 10 of em'! 




No comments:

Post a Comment