Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas Everybody! I hope you are having a great holiday! I am very excited to be talking to the family soon. 

This is such a wonderful time of year to be on a mission. Spreading the gospel is a great way to celebrate the birth of our savior. We have so much to be thankful for and I am very happy to be a part of the church at this time. 

I had a fantastic week! We had our first baptism, and it was amazing. She is a 12 year old little girl and my companion found her last month. She was so excited to get baptized and looked so happy. She was really nervous before but then felt so peaceful after. She is the sweetest person ever and I am so excited for her! We were also able to have another investigator at the baptism. He really liked it and seemed really open to all the new things. He hasn't ever had a religion before so this entire process is very new to him.

I went to a bath house for the first time today, and it was pretty awesome! The best way to describe it is like a full body pedicure. I feel extremely clean! Lots of fun! 

We had a mission Christmas Party and it was so fun! I saw Sister Mathieson and Sister Paz for the first time in a couple of weeks, and didn't realize how much I had missed them! I love them both so much and they are definitely going to be my friends for the rest of my life. I don't know what I would do without them! 

Earlier this week I was having a really tough day with the language. I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to understand people and to try speaking and then finally I was so overwhelmed that I didn't know what to do. I then talked to my companion and said that I just needed to be more realistic with the language because it is so hard! (The oo. uh, oh, and whatever other combinations of that you can think of all mean different things). So I said I prayer and told Heavenly Father that I will keep trying to speak and listen, but that I really won't be able to do it by myself. I have felt so much better and I am talking with people more because I don't care what happens. It was definitely very humbling. 

I miss you all so much, but I love my mission. There are so many amazing people in Korea and they are ready to hear the gospel!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! 

사렁,
자매

P.S. That translator is really helpful. So Koreans start learning English since they are in kindergarten. So they can read and everything. But not really speak. So my comp is somehow thinking we do the same thing in America and I am like nope. I have honestly never even looked at the Korean alphabet before the mtc and I told her to be patient with me. I told her it’s like asking her to teach and talk in Arabic after 9 weeks. And she got it so now she is being a more patient. But she is awesome! 

I just know that as long as I try opening my mouth though, god will bless me because if people laugh at me it’s okay. I don't have the right to be prideful or scared when I am on the lord’s errand. 

Ha so there is this thing called . It is where random Koreans just give you food or a gift because they think you are pretty, feel bad for you, or just want to make your day better.. Ha-ha I get free food things all the time. It is great. 


p.s. is Korean the say "harmony" for grandma. My grandchildren are calling me that!

No comments:

Post a Comment