Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Tuesday, December 17, 2013



Dec 15, 2013
Week 2 Korea
안녕하세요!

This was another good week! Missionary work can be very hard, but there is always so much joy in the journey! 

We are having a lot of success with our investigators and people seem to really like the gospel. They really understand how the gospel can help them and they are very accepting of the concepts.  There are so many wonderful people in Korea and I want to keep helping them! I have a baptism this weekend for one of our investigators! I am super excited! She is 12 years old and super excited to be baptized! Her mom came to church with her yesterday and I think we are going to start teaching her too! 

This week 지우 자매 and I were going to the center of the city to get a few things done and we still needed to run to the church after. We were in a little bit of a hurry and then I realized that I had misplaced three Books of Mormon and my pass-off book. The pass-off book is really important because it teaches us how to teach in Korean and I would have to wait another week before I could get a new one. So we went to all the places that we had been that day. We looked for about an hour and then finally we decided to check the bank one more time, after we had already been there to check. I went and asked the security guard and he brought them all out to me and I was really happy. We then decided to worry about the other things another day, and to go straight to the church. When we got to the church there were two people waiting there. It was a husband and a wife and they were investigators that were meeting missionaries for the first time. The Elders had forgotten about the appointment and we had walked there just as they had arrived. We taught them about the english program and they are really excited to learn more about the gospel! God always knows the perfect timing. Even if we don't understand everything, everything happens for a reason. 

Two really awesome words:
돌아가다 (Door-ah-ka-da)- It mean "to die" but also "to return". This is such a great word! I love how the Korean language is full of so much meaning. When we die, we are returning somewhere! 
아기 (egg-ie)- It means baby! It is the cutest word in the world because it sounds like you are saying "Oh, What a cute little egg-ie! "

I love you all! Thank you for all the great emails! Have an amazing week! 

Love,
자매 

No comments:

Post a Comment