Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Hi Family!

How is everybody doing?! Happy Halloween! Thank you for all the yummy treats! Lily looked so cute as Dorthy! I wore the eyelashes that you sent (they were made South Korea, actually)! The lashes were so long and the Korean Sisters LOVED them haha. They said they would wear things like that in Korea.

This week I am defiantly learning how to be patient. Korean is so hard, and there are so many things that I need to learn. It  is going along pretty well, but it is definitely difficult. They are teaching us high form in our classes, but all the Koreans speak in middle form. So since we have the Korean sisters here I am having them teach me things. I am also having them listen to how I talk so that I can make the accurate sounds. It really is a great language and it is really mathematical. There are a lot of words to memorize, and people speak super fast!  

We had a lesson with our investigator a couple days ago. (Our investigators are our teachers). We were talking about baptism and our investigator was like I have already been baptized. I then tired to explain to him that it needs to be done with the proper priesthood authority. He is understanding but then says he has the priesthood. Because we speak little Korean, Sister Mathieson says, "Our church has the priesthood. Your priesthood doesn't exist." Our investigator Paul starts laughing and then she says, "Sorry." Paul, our investigator/teacher, starts laughing really hard and he completely lost character. So that lesson didn't go as well as we had planned. Sister Mathieson asked for feedback after and our teacher brother Gunnel said, "You told me that the religion that I believed in my entire life was false and that our priesthood is fake... how do you think your investigator would really feel." Haha it was really funny because we definitely have a lot of Korean to learn!!!

I decided to take a challenge to read the Book of Mormon while I am at the MTC. I got a basic one and I am writing all the things I learn in it and all the things that I don't understand. It has been super helpful and I actually am understanding what I am reading and I am getting a better understanding of everything! I love it!

I am really surprised about how fast I am learning the language, even though I don't know very much! 

It's Sister Parola's Birthday tomorrow! She is really excited! Thank you for sending her things for her birthday!

Thank you so much for the package! I loved it!! Sister Mathieson loved it too! It made our day for Halloween! 

Tell Aunt Angie thank you for the package! That was so sweet of her! She got me my most favorite Kneaders bread! I love it so much!! (p.s. will you send me her address).

Tell Bryan congrats for me! I am so happy for them both! I love that cute picture of them!! 

I love you all so much! Thank you for all the letters and surprises that you send! It really makes my day! I love you all so much! Have a fantastic week! 

Love,

Sister Ashley Farr 

No comments:

Post a Comment