Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Friday, November 8, 2013

Hello Everybody!

Yet another wonderful week at the MTC. We just sent off the district above us, and so now we are the oldest district! I cannot believe it! I feel like I have so much to learn and I don't consider myself one of the older ones. But I am now.

I am defiantly learning a lot in Korean and it is really exciting. Sister Mathieson and I do a great job of helping each other in lessons. We are always able to pick up what the other person can't do. We are defiantly the best companionship ever! It is crazy to think that I am speaking in Korean! So cool!

I know I am meant for Korea. I love all the Koreans when they come to the MTC and I love being around them. 

This week Sister Mathieson and I ran into this man at the MTC that is an investigator. (I think he is an actor... but he don't really know). He is about 60 and he is from Haiti. He speaks french and English and is super nice! He had a lot of really great questions, that were super hard to answer. We are going to keep teaching him. It is a nice break to be teaching in English but it is also exhausting. It is exhausting because he asks really deep questions that I normally would not be able to to in Korean. I am able to keep the gospel simple in Korean and I really like that. 

This week I learned two really great things:
  1. All of the life experiences that we have had at this point have helped us become the person the Lord needs us to be, but we are also still becoming that person as well. There have been a few things about the MTC that have been hard and I have seen a lot of other people struggle with things that I can't even imagine. One of my friends just got mono, so they are learning how to manage the difficult schedule of a missionary and having a sickness that puts people out for a few weeks. Another just found out her Dad has cancer and her mom is already diagnosed with it. These two people have been such an example to me because they are still making the best out of a very difficult situation. I know that as they will press forward they will grow. I know they they will be able to relate to people with similar situations on their missions. We all experience hard things and the Lord will always carry us through them.
  2. I also learned how important it is to be perfectly obedient. I have had many different experiences in my life that have showed me how important it is to be obedient. This week we had speaker talk obedience. I learned that when we are not perfectly obedient, we will experience physical and spiritual danger. The reason they give missionaries so many rules is to help protect us from these dangers. I sometimes get annoyed with the little rules, but they I remember they are here to protect me. Just like the rest of the church standards. They are here to protect us and help us be successful. 
Sister Mathieson was thrilled that is snowed this week. It was only a little bit but she was jumping for joy! 

Thank you so much for the package mommy!!! We all loved it!

I am so grateful to be on a mission right now! 

Here's to another great week! 

I love you all so much! 

Love,
Sister Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment