Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hello Family & Friends!

This has been another great week! This is my last real week at the MTC! I am so excited! I got my flight plans, my Korean name tag, and I have already started to pack! I am almost there! Time is really flying by fast and I am going to be sad to leave the MTC, but I am still very excited for Korea!

This has been quite an eventful week. One of the companions that was temporarily with me and Sister Mathieson left off to Korea, I am super excited for Sister Tovar! Sister Mathieson and I also have an additional companion, Sister Paz. She has been in our room and we are having so much fun! Sister Mathieson and I have had a lot of people added and taken away from our companionship, but we are still together!

This message below is for my siblings, little cousins, and friends. This week I learned a lot about how satin is really trying hard to distract the missionaries. He is working his hardest because he knows how successful we will be and how we will be able to help so many people. We had several distractions this week and it was very easy to get off track, but I tried super hard and prayed a lot. I am also starting to recognize how he is targeting all of the teenagers of the church. I encourage all of you to stay strong. It is worth it. Always pray each morning for strength and try to keep the companionship of the Holy Ghost with you. I know that school can be really difficult, say a little prayer in your head before a quiz/test/assignment and it will go smoother. (You still have to study though... :) Try your best to get good grades, because getting and education is so important. Figure out what you are good at, and get better! There are so many other pressures at school, try to find good friends that lift you up and help you succeed. A good supportive friend can make all the difference!  Start preparing to go on a mission. There is so much for you to accomplish, and Heavenly Father wants you to help him do his work! I know I wish I did a better job of preparing for my mission and right now I have to catch up. Always remember that you can go to your parents for help, because they are on your team. Let them support you. My Mom and Dad have been a tremendous blessing. They have always supported me no matter what and I wouldn't be on a mission without them teaching me and helping me. 

This week I was super spoiled with packages! Thank you so much Michele, Christine, Steph, and Mommy for the packages! I loved them! They were all so cute and I love all the delicious food! I love the scarf, hat, and gloves that I got from Steph. Good pick Matt! I basically ate all the peach bread by myself and gave myself a pedicure, thank you Michele and Christine! Starbucks cookies are my favorite, and I am loving the pretzels! Thank you mommy! :)

Thank you so much for the love and support! I can really feel your prayers and I am super thankful to have each of you in my life. The MTC is amazing and I love it so much! I am super excited to go to Korea! I am thankful for the privilege and opportunity to be able to serve the people of South Korea!

Here's to another great week!

Love,
Sister Farr


No comments:

Post a Comment