Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Monday, December 2, 2013

Wow! 

So I am off to Korea! I am so excited and nervous! I cannot believe that I leave tomorrow! The MTC has passed by so fast! I am so excited to eat Korean food, and talk with Koreans, and everything else! 

When a group of missionaries is leaving the MTC they have "in-field" orientation, and it was so fun! I learned a lot and I also got even more excited for Korea! One of the instructors served in Korea and we were able to watch some of the presentations in Korean and it was so uplifting! They talked a lot about involving the members in missionary work, and I am going to make it my personal goal to try and involve every member in some way for each ward I am at. It is so important to have everybody working together to bring somebody the joy we all sometimes take for granted! Spread the Joy!

Shout out to Jarrod Phillips! He gave me two really sound pieces of advice before I left, and over this past week they have really helped me out! 1) Be myself, and 2) mimic everything I see the Koreans do.  It is so important to remember that we are talking to people and that we need to be rateable! So I am continually trying to make sure that when I am giving lessons and talking with everybody that I don't turn into a robot who is delivering a message. I need to let my spirit touch their spirit. I am also trying really hard to copy the Koreans! (They are a really touchy feely group of people! All the sisters hold hand when walking). Whenever my teachers (natives) talk or do something I copy them. Sometimes they look at me really weird, and I don't blame them. But I figure the best way to learn is to learn like I did when I was 2, which was to copy everything. So thank you for the great advice Jarrod! 

Thanksgiving was pretty great! We had a really relaxed day. We did a great service project for the Children of Salt Lake, which was super fun. (My Mom said she saw me on TV and in the newspaper!) We watched Ephraim's Rescue, which was really good. Sister Paz's Dad (my comp), did all the cinematography for the movie so she already knew all about it and it really made her happy to see her dad's work at the MTC! I also ran into my old swimmer friend Zoe! She was going to school in NY and was swimming and decided to serve a mission! She is serving in Canada and I am really excited for her! Oh how I miss the Tsunami swim days! 

I am so happy and I am so proud of my little Cousin Annika! She got baptized today! My mom send me pictures, and she looks so beautiful!

Thank you for all the best wishes and the Happy Thanksgiving! 

I love you all so much! Thank you for the love and support! The next time I email, I will be in KOREA!!!! 

Here's to another great week! 

Love,
Sister Farr 


No comments:

Post a Comment