Ashley at Temple

Ashley at Temple

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hi Family!

I sent a letter! The first day was really great! I had lots of fun! They really whisk you right away. I was given my badge and then my schedule as soon as I got in. It was super good. The moment I got done with giving me my badge they took me straight to language class. It was so cool! But very overwhelming. He only spoke in Korean NO ENGLISH. I was trying to follow what he was saying, but I have no clue what he is saying. Its all in his body language and him being really patient. 

I have a really great mission companion. She is from Australia, and is just like me! We both love girly things, and are very motivated. Its working out quite well!! She asks me all sorts of funny words that Australians use, and I have no clue what she is talking about. The third is from Provo and she is really nice. She knows Arabic and now she gets to learn Korean!

I have two other girls in my rooms. One is from the Philippines and she speaks Tagaloc! Isn't that crazy! My p-day is on Friday. Its really nice that I am able to take a break already. I am trying really hard to learn the alphabet and everything. I am supposed to teach somebody in Korean tonight, so that is really exciting and kinda overwhelming, but I'll be able to do it as long as I can use notes.

I have seen quite a few people that I know here! I saw Lexi, she leaves on Tuesday. I saw Kathy, Xan's Friend. I saw a boy that was in my ballet class last semester. I saw Kenzie , she is from when I went to Pennsylvania for that leadership conference. A lot of my residents are here from when I was an RA and a fellow RA is here! So that's cool! She is in my Zone so she helps me out all the time. 

Thank you for finishing up my room! It is a lot!!

We had a great devotional last night. They talk a lot about the the missionary purpose. I feel like a lot is scheduled, so they give us homework and we don't have much time to do it!

Anyways, I love it here. Its where I am supposed to me. Lovin' live!

Love,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment